Saturday 23 May 2015

Something a little different...





















Something a little different ...


After visiting Creative Expressions for a workshop I started thinking of the cards I used to make before I used dies and wanted to combine the two ideas... This is what i came up with...

I started with two sheets of Milk Foundation card stock and scored both in half to make the base of my card.

For the front I matted a layer of black card and embossed a layer of Milk using the Eternity embossing from Creative Expressions. I then cut matching coloured layers using the Vienna die from Sue Wilson's Austria Die Collection. For the second layer I cut out the oval and added a layer of double sided adhesive sheet and gilded it with Cosmic Shimmer - Mulled Wine gilding flakes, then added the next section of the die. Finally adding some Camellia flowers in varying sizes with matching pearls for the centres.

I then cut out the smallest size bow from the classic 3d bow set and the border and gilded them in Mulled wine gilding flakes. I cut the same size and shape from the Filigree set and overlayed these together and mounted them below the main design.


For the centre of the card i gilded the background that was still visible through the aperture cut from the Cordoba die from the Spanish Collection. to add some interest to the aperture I cut the bevelled glass consecutively in black card and mounted it over the gilding flakes.
I added the Charming hearts corners to the centre folds and then added two sentiments using the same black, milk and gold theme. I used both of the dies from the Tag in the Austria Collection and stamped a sentiment from the Just-rite range and embossing it in Cosmic shimmer detail embossing powder - Bright gold.

Hope you like it

Terri
xx

1 comment:

  1. Finally got round to looking! Lol
    Beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete