Friday 29 May 2015

Milk Roses



Milk Roses

I wanted to combine as many of the card making design tools as I could for this one. Stamping, decoupage, die cutting and embossing,

For this design I chose two contrasting Yellow for a light spring feel. I used the Milk and Custard card from the foundation card stock range.

I started by stamping and embossing three images of the Rose Bouquet from Sue Wilson's stamps to die for range. I cut the base layer using the outer edge from the Burgundy Die then mounted onto the two outer layers from the Auvergne die. I cut away parts of the two remaining layer to enhance the roses within the design.

I cut a piece of milk card bigger than the French back ground die and ran this through my grand caliber, to leave a border and added a piece of the custard card behind it to show off the design. I took a piece of custard card and placed it in the Textured score lines embossing folder for the main background. I made a base mat layer of milk and custard and added the embossed card for the back ground. I added foam tape to the Background die to raise the design, I added two layers of foam tape to the right edge of the topper and double sided tape to the left to be able to mount the topper flat.

Finally i added a sentiment from John Lockwood's Butterfly Dreams stamp collection and cut this out using the centre die from the tag in the Austrian border collection. I mounted it with foam tape on the topper.

Hope you like it

Terri
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment